Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window Regulator for 01 Ford Focus

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, the drivers window on my Focus (01, 5-door Hatchback) has not been working for about 2 months now, I've brought it to the mechanic, he said it's the regulator that needs replacing. He tried the local scrapyards, none had the part in stock second hand, only new. It's about 200 quid new :eek:

I initially thought I'd be fine without it, but it's proving to be a real hassle at tolls, car parks, drive throughs, etc. I did some more ringing around today and again it's the same problem, no scrapyard in Cork seems to have 1 in stock second hand, apparently they are in super-high demand.

Anyone know where I could get the part? If it saves me money I can easily travel to get one...

(Thanks in advance)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Is it the motor or the regulator? If it is the regulator it can be bought cheaper without the motor.

But usually the motor itself is the problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is it the motor or the regulator? If it is the regulator it can be bought cheaper without the motor.

But usually the motor itself is the problem with them.

I was told a full regulator kit... (sorry, but i don't know more than that)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey all, the drivers window on my Focus (01, 5-door Hatchback) has not been working for about 2 months now, I've brought it to the mechanic, he said it's the regulator that needs replacing. He tried the local scrapyards, none had the part in stock second hand, only new. It's about 200 quid new :eek:

I initially thought I'd be fine without it, but it's proving to be a real hassle at tolls, car parks, drive throughs, etc. I did some more ringing around today and again it's the same problem, no scrapyard in Cork seems to have 1 in stock second hand, apparently they are in super-high demand.

Anyone know where I could get the part? If it saves me money I can easily travel to get one...

(Thanks in advance)

Got mine on eBay
    Got the lot for around 55€ inc postage
    Got motor the works . Be careful not to get screwed on the postage it's a fairly big package .

Advertisement