Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sni

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

safe nights camping have a new site ,its worth a look the have lot's of new parking spots 10 euro a night, only basic fac,.. but if you are on the road a lot and trying to save the pocket could be worth a visit,, its 12 yo yo to join on line a year. i used it a fair bit last year done the job,, some of the sites are pubs and hotels if you have food and a few drinks, it s free. .. some of the big camp sites will give you discount with sni card cheers noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

We have just joined. As you say lots of new locations which is great. Good to have as an option while out and about. Fair play to Frank and Co.

Also have to say that he was very efficient at getting my membership card out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    Had a look at the site,as far as I can see I cannot see where any of the sites are without paying to join which would be a pig in a poke,am I wrong
    Zambo

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

for me its not this is my third year with sni , if it was no use i would not be wasting 12 euros this year , you will pay double to camp one night in the caravan parks granted you will have better fac, how ever i am not an agent sni, i was only passing on imfo cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

zambo wrote: »
    Hi
    Had a look at the site,as far as I can see I cannot see where any of the sites are without paying to join which would be a pig in a poke,am I wrong
    Zambo

No you are correct. Previously, you used to be able to see the sites without being a member. I guess they have their reasons for now keeping it members only. A bit like Noel we decided it was worth the joining fee. But also like Noel we as not agents of SNI.

This is our first year as members. But there a certainly a lot more sites than previously (as I said non-members used to be able to see them). I think it is worth the fee if you want the option of safe cheap overnight parking but thats just my opinion.

Wildwater

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

We were up in cavan last year on a weekend away and were considering going to an SNI spot for a night. I think the place was someone's yard or something and didn't seem like a pub / hotel. In the end we bottled it and went for a campsite. Seeing as it was one of our first outings in the van, and we were noobs to the campervanning thing......

Would consider them again tho...

• Advertisement

we were the same at the start, had a look and drove on. saying that the are some good ones and lots more on board this year, its good to give the sites a bell early in the day make sure the are not full some have only parking for 5or6 units . i used to wild camp a lot in tents and a caravan long before i got my first camper van three years ago ,not the same out there now to many yobs and messers out there, so i like to get off the side of the rd even if its another persons back yard . cheers noel

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blokarter

We have looked at SNI a few times but are unsure about how worth while it is. I have yet to meet anyone face to face who is a member.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between joining SNI and just turning up at most of the locations without a membership?

We have stopped at many of the places listed on their previous website (before we knew about SNI) and never been asked for a penny. I am sure they have many places which only accept their members and I just haven't come across one yet.

I would be happy to join so please don't consider this to be a moan.

i think some of it was to do with insurance,,the sites had to be insured with sni, if you were in the club you were covered ....seems to be different this year from my reading of it sites have to get their own cover.... i really cant answer your question you have to ask around and on mature reflection ...pardon the pun... make up your own mind ....saying that we campers are a queer bunch i pay 70 yo yo to one club 40 to another what do i get soft parking in some field, at a rally i and i love it .. and am looking forward to getting on the rd again this year cheers happy camping

Advertisement