Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords Professional Valeting

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone have Valeting done with Halfords, if so how did you find them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Never but if its like their other services, no thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Never but if its like their other services, no thanks..

Really do you find them bad? I've never used them before

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

More than likely a guy with zero experience and even less interest so wouldn't let them near a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i would imagine its arranged with a Third party to do the Valet.

not instore.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

listermint wrote: »
    i would imagine its arranged with a Third party to do the Valet.

not instore.....
    Yes it does appear to be so. Thought perhaps the bigger stores were going to have a bay where they would carry out a vacuum and a bit of a polish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Halfords valets?!

How much do they charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Jesus are there not enough irish owned valeting companies offering valets for next to nothing, in every car park in the land. Do we really need halfrauds in the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

This is interesting. Halfords in the UK offer a lot of services like this, they even do SMART repairs at their branches. Wonder if they'll branch out into that here.

Think the service will only be as good as the people they outsource to do the work though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Owen wrote: »
    This is interesting. Halfords in the UK offer a lot of services like this, they even do SMART repairs at their branches. Wonder if they'll branch out into that here.

Think the service will only be as good as the people they outsource to do the work though!

Typing a letter to the MD already?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

halfords servicing in the UK wasnt the best, Daewoo used them as a service network in the 90's.

I wouldn't let them near my car, and it's a POS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

EPM wrote: »
    Typing a letter to the MD already?

I don't think they'd have me with all the emails I've sent down through the years. :pac:

Advertisement