Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much for a second hand 2006 Golf?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    Am looking for advice as to what anyone might think a fair price is for the following:

2006 Golf 1.6 FSI
    1 lady owner
    57K mileage
    3 door
    Full service history

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gadhafi

Hi,
    Am looking for advice as to what anyone might think a fair price is for the following:

2006 Golf 1.6 FSI
    1 lady owner
    57K mileage
    3 door
    Full service history

Thanks

clutch is ****ed then

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maidonamission

Ha....no, not funny enough for a second ha...

Any useful replies?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gadhafi

why don't you go on done deal, carzone, gumtree, adverts and check the price of similar cars. price your car accordingly.

I don't think its that difficult, probably easier infact than starting the thread here......

I'm the one buying and have done that already. The problem with those websites is most cars are priced to allow room for negotiation so was just putting the question out there to see if anyone has bought something similar recently and has some advice for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Gadhafi wrote: »
    clutch is ****ed then
    Gadhafi wrote: »
    I don't think its that difficult, probably easier infact than starting the thread here......

There's no need to be a smart ass.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Additionally, the FSI was never available to buy new in Ireland so there's very little to compare it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Have you tried here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/online/vrt-calculator.html ?

Putting in your car suggests an OMSP of €22k new and €5410 today. (you will be able to more accurately put in the trim version and date of registration) but it should give you a good upper limit to its value.

Oh that's great, I didn't know about that, thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Thanks

Additionally, the FSI was never available to buy new in Ireland so there's very little to compare it to.

There's a grey fsi in Galway with a lot of extras asking 7 but he's willing to negotiate. Called about it for herself the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

The FSI was available in Ireland, it just wasn't a popular choice.

• Advertisement

Got the same result as you after putting in the details so the price the seller is looking for doesn't seem too far off the mark. Thanks again for that :)

Advertisement