Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

east coast campers

Options
  • 05-01-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi and happy new year ,

i got a text from eastcoast campers telling me they could sell my camper at no charge from their premises and that they have vans from all over ireland .
    Anbody done this or what do yee think ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

they've been doing this for a few years. we thought about it but decided against as the vans are all open and anyone can go in and out of the vans once the premises are open. they accept no responsibility for any damage and do not insure your van while its there.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

How does it work, do they take a cut of the sale price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Of course they do , or else you agree a price , bottom line , and anything they get over that , they can keep . There's no charity in business! Well , apart from us , we operate at a loss , purely to keep our customers happy...... < ;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 East Coast Campers - Authorised Merchant

Hello.

We sell campers on behalf of customers, contrary to one response, we pay a lot of money each year for full insurance for all campers on our premises along with a very secure location. We have been selling campers for customers for over 5 years now and try very hard to sell our customers campers including fixing problems they might have with them.

We can offer 2 versions to our customers:

We can do a percentage commission on the sale price agreed in advance or we ask for the customers lowest acceptable price and put our margin above that so they know in advance what they will receive from the sale.

I hope this answers your question.

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

Hello.

We sell campers on behalf of customers, contrary to one response, we pay a lot of money each year for full insurance for all campers on our premises along with a very secure location. We have been selling campers for customers for over 5 years now and try very hard to sell our customers campers including fixing problems they might have with them.

We can offer 2 versions to our customers:

We can do a percentage commission on the sale price agreed in advance or we ask for the customers lowest acceptable price and put our margin above that so they know in advance what they will receive from the sale.

I hope this answers your questio

Darragh

Sounds like an option . .. Hope you sell many a van . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement