Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Repair Phibsborough

Options
  • 05-01-2012 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I need to get a headlight bulb replaced on a Chevrolet Kalos, does anyone know of a good garage in or close to Phibsborough that could do this quickly(ideally within a day). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If it's just a bulb gone, and you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself, then any Fast Fit/Atlas/Advance Pitstop tyre centre should be able to do it for you. Probably cost around €15 whereas a bulb is only €1 or so (haven't bought bulbs in ages so may not be a correct price).

Think Halfords will also fit bulbs for you, but I'd use that as a last resort.

All these places should be able to replace a bulb while you wait, it's generally a 5 minute job on most cars for a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Clars1909

R.O.R wrote: »
    If it's just a bulb gone, and you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself, then any Fast Fit/Atlas/Advance Pitstop tyre centre should be able to do it for you. Probably cost around €15 whereas a bulb is only €1 or so (haven't bought bulbs in ages so may not be a correct price).

Think Halfords will also fit bulbs for you, but I'd use that as a last resort.

All these places should be able to replace a bulb while you wait, it's generally a 5 minute job on most cars for a pro.

This may be very stupid of me, but I didn't know you could replace a headlight bulb yourself - what does this involve and where would I get the bulbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Clars1909 wrote: »
    This may be very stupid of me, but I didn't know you could replace a headlight bulb yourself - what does this involve and where would I get the bulbs?

There should be instructions on how to change it in the manual in the glovebox. Your local motor factors will have a bulb for pittance, but you might have to know which type it is as there are different sizes.

A quick google for Motor Factors in Glasnevin came up with http://www.fjk.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Call up to Atlas in Drumcondra and the Nissan Doctor will sort you out.

Advertisement