Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice needed Re Merc C Class

Options
  • 05-01-2012 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Advice needed; was thinking of purchasing a 2008 C Class Merc, it’s the C 200 Avantgarde Auto with just over 50,000 miles on the clock, I am currently driving a 2006 BMW 525i M sport and am getting rid of it due to running costs, i.e. Tax band, fuel consumption and general maintenance costs. In general terms what are the C Class like to operate, I know there not as big as the 5 series but am looking more at maintenance, running costs, cheers in advance....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

Hi I'm in the perfect position to answer this.as I work in a garage where we specalise in both makes listed.the c class is grand that engine isn't without it's problems tho as between 80 and 100k the timing chain and tension will have to be done I can garentee you that. We do them all the time and it's not as expensive as one might think.also there are vacuum pipes that leak giving trouble also.apart from that the engine is fairly sound.now onto the chassis and body for one I can say the rear metal brake pipes do need to be changed due to corrosion.the bottom ball joints and front control arms also give plenty of trouble.apart from that there a good car and maintaince costs should be the same as the bm.running costs will be cheaper also.and I understand the bm ain't without it's own troubles so that's just my two cents worth if you have any further queries just ask thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sparty

Swhyte027, Thanks for coming back, had a bad couple of years with the BM, main computer went, 4 new run flats required, oil leaks, pasenger seat warning sensor going etc, a bit sick of it at this stage and dont want to go for the C Class if i am looking at the same expensive list of troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

Ya I no I've done plenty of them problems you have listed on the bms.but apart from the problems listen there a great all rounder.best of luck of u need help jus ask

Advertisement