Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens' service records: WW1

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am reasonably familiar with military history records, but was wondering if someone could tell me how I might go about accessing records for the Voluntary Aid Detachment/ First Aid Nursing Yeomanry during World War One.

My great grandmother was an Irish woman who drove an ambulance with the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry in France, where her husband was serving at the front. I have lots of information on her husband's career, but the only record of her war service are a photograph and some family stories; which given that they are about 100 years old may not be entirely correct.

I would be interested to know if a service record exists for members of the F.A.N.Y or the Voluntary Aid Detachment?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement