Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

penalty points

Options
  • 04-01-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

i got a letter in the post from the rsa notifying me of endorsement of 2 penelty points for excessing the 50km speed limit but it doesnt tell me where it happened, how do i find this out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ring them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can only imagine someone paid a FPN with your licence number on it, either by mistake or intentionally. The letter doesn't state anything, the FPN has all the info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

MYOB wrote: »
    Can only imagine someone paid a FPN with your licence number on it, either by mistake or intentionally. The letter doesn't state anything, the FPN has all the info on it.

As far as I remember, (been a long time since Ive seen one ;)) the driver has to fill out their licence number on the details section at the bottom of the FPN so how did someone else get that? I do realise the Garda will ask you for it but you should remember that if it was a Garda that caught you.

The GATSO vans (apparently) only take a pic of your reg and send a FPN to the cars registered address but if that was the case, then this notification should have gone there too and you would not even be aware now that you have these points. That and someone else would have had to pay the fine and given your licence number to do this :confused:.

I reckon ring them and see what the story is TBH because this sounds very weird to me :confused:.

Advertisement