Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Strength

Options
  • 04-01-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Is starting strength a good program for someone who is very inexperienced in using weights? I want to start a new weights program to get in shape before the summer.

Also, based on what I read, I would say it would probably be a good idea if I got a PT to make sure I was doing the exercises correctly, could anyone recommend anyone in the Cork area? (If asking this is against the rules of the forum than please ignore that question)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

Try http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

PT would be helpful and beneficial for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hi OP

Getting advice on how to do the exercise correctly is very important. This is something you should look to get right from the start. I cant recommend anyone in cork but im sure one of the other posters will be able to recommend a gym/PT who can help.

Starting Strength is a great place for beginners to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

I reckon the book "Starting Strength" is a great, great help for beginners looking to start the lifts involved in the programme, with good technique.

Obviously second to proper coaching/whatever resource you think one-ups SS, before anyone says it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I reckon the book "Starting Strength" is a great, great help for beginners looking to start the lifts involved in the programme, with good technique.

Obviously second to proper coaching/whatever resource you think one-ups SS, before anyone says it.

Starting strength book is a pretty good starting point tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Goldeye

Thanks for the replies, I have read the book and I know the theory behind the exercises, I just would rather someone could look at me attempt them and correct any mistakes that I am making.

• Advertisement
Advertisement