Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Tri Club Duathlon Race Series 2012

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Evening all,

Just to let you all know that the Fingal Tri Club Duathlon Race Series is now open for entries.
    Course is the same as last years but the run goes up the hill a bit more :eek:
    4km Run - 20km cycle - 4km Run
    Dates:
    Race 1 - Saturday February 4th 2012 @ 10 a.m
    Race 2 - Saturday March 3rd 2012 @ 10 a.m
    Race 3 and World Duathlon Qualifier - Saturday March 31st 2012 @ 10 a.m
    Cost is €23 per race or the following
    2 races €46 and receive €5 cash back on the day of your final race
    3 races €69 and receive €7 cash back on the day of your final race
    Cash back option is due to Triathlon Ireland's online entry system not giving multiple races discountssmiley-smile.gif

Email Races@fingaltri.ie if you have any queries

You can enter via the Triathlon Ireland site
    https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html

info is here on the fingal triathlon site
    http://www.fingaltri.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125&Itemid=90

the race brief is last years and will be changed soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

Race brief and course description has been changed to suit the changes in the run distance :)

Race is closed on Triathlon Ireland but we are excepting entries on the day and one day licences will be available too ! :)

Hi All,

Here are the results from yesterdays Duathlon
    http://www.elitetiming.co.uk/Results/Fingal_Results_Race 1.pdf

Any feedback - Good / bad are always welcome, if we dont know what we done wrong, we cant fix it :)

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Did this race at the weekend - thumbs up from me. Very well organised, plenty of marshals, nice to see the bike marshalls out of the course so no repeat of the drafting from last year. And the organising club seemed a very friendly bunch too. Post race bowl of soup was also a very welcome surprise. Quads are still hurting from running down that hill (note to self - learn how to run downhill properly) but should be back for more next month.

In terms of feedback - 2 things:

1. The mats in transition zone helped a lot with the gravel surface, still a little bumpy but acceptable. However, the 10 metres or so of "road" between the timing mats are the bike mount/dismount was in a dreadful state. Was running through there in socks, so feet got soaked from the puddles of water, just thankful I didn't end up with any bits of gravel stuck to my socks when I got on the bike. If the mats could be extended further out it'd help a lot.

2. Jury is still out for me on the run course. I can see the attraction of having the steep hill as it's something different from other races. But leaving aside from the novelty value I think it detracts from the run as it makes it very hard to get into any rhythm. Especially so on the second run as by the time you've gotten your running legs back, you've already start the climbing. As I said I hope to get back for the remaining races as it fits nicely into my plans for this year, but I'd be less inclined to this race in future years if the hill is still part of the run.

All said though, good event & big thanks to organizers.

2nd race is on this weekend folks! And hill is still there :-)
    www.fingaltri.ie or triathlon Ireland website for entries :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Did this today - very well run I thought. The marshals on the bike course did a good job directing cyclists, in some races I've done they just stand there with their flags by their sides and I've ended up taking a wrong turn. The hill is definitely a killer though...

Final Race in the series this saturday folks,
    cash prizes on offer for top 3 male and female and lots of spot prizes too!

P.s the hill is still there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

tinydave wrote: »

any sign up on the day?

Notwitch wrote: »
    tinydave wrote: »

any sign up on the day?

Yep you can sign up on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Great day for racing today. My first time doing this one and i found the course great. The run has a nasty hill and the bike route, while it has some hills, is fairly fast. I managed to place 4th. I was closing on thrid slightly onto run 2 but he motored up the hill and was gone! Need to lose a fair amount of weight if i ever tackle that hill again! I'll have a report late on the log but thanks Fingal for a great day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement