Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a second postgraduate course and fees

Options
  • 04-01-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi guys, quick question I hope you can help me with.

In 2008 I began an MLitt (research masters) course in UCD. Due to a number of circumstances, including losing the job that paid my rent which let me live in Dublin, I had to withdraw.

I'm considering going back to pursue a different postgraduate course and I'm wondering if I will be eligible for free fees again, or did taking a free fees course before mean I no longer have this option?

I'm pretty sure that's the case but thought you guys might be able to confirm...

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

I doubt that you are elligible for free fees again, at least not for the year(s) that you have already completed. I did a degree in Computer Science, first (fees paid by government), and then started a second course in the biolgical sciences (completing higher cert, degree, and honours degree in sequence) that I had to pay for myself. I then did a PhD in breast cancer in the UK, which was fully funded by my university.

Some postgraduate courses (mastesr or doctorate/PhD) already have funding in place, like the PhD that I did, and you don't actually have to cough up anything yourself. findaphd.com has these listed.

Kevin

Edit - You could contact your former supervisor to see if any funding is available...

Advertisement