Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota celica info

Options
  • 04-01-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Are they good as a car/ engine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Friend of mine has one. Had a fair few issues with it on 120,000 miles. Head gasket being one of them.

Being a toyota you would not expect this, but I don't think it's one of their best engines or cars from what I've heard.

Which Celica and which engine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Buy a 4wd GT4 220 and never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Sorry, the 7th generation. 99-06.

No particular engine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Early VVTIs 00-02 are known oil burners

• Advertisement

Robbie G wrote: »

No particular engine

Get the 190bhp version and you'll be happy out if you like the looks.

CianRyan wrote: »

ST205 you mean presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

RoverJames wrote: »
    Get the 190bhp version and you'll be happy out if you like the looks.

VVTL for sure - (No oil burning issues with these either that I'm aware of)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

RoverJames wrote: »
    CianRyan wrote: »

ST205 you mean presumably?

Yep, brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

No particular engine

No, buy one with an engine, they're better that way,really.... ;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

I found a 190 vvtli that needs body work. It's an 02. It needs front bumper sprayed , new wing and rear left quarter panel sprayed

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I found a 190 vvtli that needs body work. It's an 02. It needs front bumper sprayed , new wing and rear left quarter panel sprayed

Take it for a drive and when the engine has reached normal operating temperature drive it in 3rd or 4th at 6000rpm and the car should jump forward and accelerate loudly when it hits it, if this doesn't happen avoid the car. This only works when the car has reached operating temperature, if you try before it won't work as there's a safety feature to prevent the engine revving this high from cold.

I'm just Waiting on a price on it. That work will cost money

How much would a 2nd hand wing on its own be?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How much would a 2nd hand wing on its own be?

Not too sure, best contact a breakers to see, just a word of warning though the UK/Irish and Japanese are different wings, the Japanese one has the indicator within the front bumper, the UK/Irish has it within the wing itself so there's bound to be wiring and filler/cutting issues if you get the wrong one, here's an example of each, make sure you get the right one for the car...

UK/Irish
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=9173561&ad=2827854

Japanese
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=9063695&ad=2801678

What's a fair price for one of these if it needs that much spraying

Advertisement