Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for scrapyards in Dublin city&county for spare parts

Options
  • 04-01-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello y'all
    Can anyone recommend a good scrapyard in Dublin to go hunting for spare parts? Actually, i may as well be specific. I need a couple of doors for a 2000 Fiat Punto. I'm in Dublin city but am happy to stray a bit to find what i need
    Thanks in advance for yer help
    DG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

what doors you want and what colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Theres one at the M50/ Red Cow on inbound side of the road. Someone may have details. also Kellys on the right hand side on the way into Enfield, about 35 minutes drive from the city centre. Kellys numbers are; 085712674 and 046541293.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Theres one in Dun Laoghaire, just around from the entrance to the West Pier.

Another about 3 miles from Kilcock on the road to Enfield.

I've used both once or twice, both were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The one opposite the Red Cow is called Kinsellas.

Or try www.partfinder.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Drugness

Hi John
    I'm looking for both front and rear doors on the passenger side. The colour is gold.... which i believe was a popular colour for a Punto around 2000!

what doors you want and what colour

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Will have plenty to work with over the weekend :)
    Cheers!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Will have plenty to work with over the weekend :)
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

Drugness wrote: »
    Hi John
    I'm looking for both front and rear doors on the passenger side. The colour is gold.... which i believe was a popular colour for a Punto around 2000!
    have two doors but they are blue not worth painting as you should be able to get the right colour. could try brian smith in duleek

Excellent stuff, thanks for the advice John
    have two doors but they are blue not worth painting as you should be able to get the right colour. could try brian smith in duleek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

check here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There is one near ashbourne (the ward) take the M2, exit for ashbourne, then follow the signs for coolquay lodge and they are about two miles down on your right.

Bit rough and will expect you to to take the doors off yourself.

also there is one on the road between the airport and swords

And it's a bit out of your way but give Whelans in Portlaoise a call, and they'll actually check if they have them, and you could drive down and collect them 057 8646663

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Inside the Pale but just outside Dublin

http://kilcockcardismantlers.com/

More great suggestions from ye
    Thanks again folks!

Stheno wrote: »
    There is one near ashbourne (the ward) take the M2, exit for ashbourne, then follow the signs for coolquay lodge and they are about two miles down on your right.

Bit rough and will expect you to to take the doors off yourself.

also there is one on the road between the airport and swords

And it's a bit out of your way but give Whelans in Portlaoise a call, and they'll actually check if they have them, and you could drive down and collect them 057 8646663

Advertisement