Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcatchers

Options
  • 04-01-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about you guys, but I seem to collect podcatchers. There is always just something small missing from one that another had, and some that have a fair few features but not others and on and on and on.

Right now, I'm using Pocketcasts on iOS.

I like the good inbuilt directory, the ability to build playlists, the option to stream or download a podcast and a good view of the show notes where podcasts have them.

I would like or miss an inbuilt browser so I don't have to leave the app to see a noted link and automatic playlist building for certain time sensitive podcasts.

What catchers do you use at the moment and what do you like about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I use Downcaster for iOS. Pretty much the same feature list as you've described above:

- supports playlists for car journeys
    - streaming
    - good notes screen
    - good directory

Plus:
    - handy buttons to skip back 15s or 30s, and forward 30s or 2m (great for ads)
    - distinct divisions between Unplayed and Played/Empty.
    - Regular updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

recently got an Android and am finding BeyondPod Pro is good, haven't tried others as it does just what I need it to do. And use MediaMonkey media player on the ole 'puter but less so now as virtually all my web action has moved to the phone.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I use Pocket Casts on Android. Think they have an ios version too.

https://market.android.com/details?id=au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts&hl=en

Advertisement