Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Internet radio in your car anyone?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

My brother was recently telling me his pal listens to internet radion in his car by using bluetooth on his car radio to pick up his smartphone taht runs the internet radio app.

Just curious are any of you car boardsies using internet radio in your cars yet and if so how is performing? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

IrishHomer wrote: »
    My brother was recently telling me his pal listens to internet radion in his car by using bluetooth on his car radio to pick up his smartphone taht runs the internet radio app.

Just curious are any of you ca boardsies using internet radion in your cars yet? :o

Yup. Have a DIY setup with an Aldi radio and a line in tucked behind the dash and emerging at the handbrake. Also have a DIY set up that allows me to charge the phone at the same time.

I use Tune In Radio Pro on a Samsung Galaxy S from 3 with unlimited data.

Total cost: €15 approx not including the radio which was about €80 but was in way before I set up the other stuff.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633660c8c4f5ee98f45f95c98db8dd09b449.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

I hope he has a good data package :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I can play Internet radio through my bluetooth. Use it sometimes from my lastfm account. Quality depends on your mobile connection.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hmmm i really should use it more often. Have an Aldi radio with Bluetooth that I use to listen to my mp3s, never actually thought about using it for the radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Smartphone. Radio tuner. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I listen to internet radio in the car all the time. I connect my phone to the stereo and very rarely have connection problems. I use the TuneIn app. I never come close to my monthly allowance (15 gigs I think)

Advertisement