Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constipation.. Or the lack there of

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies, just a wonderment.. and apologies NOW if its TMI!!!!!

But i heard scare stories of piles, heamaroids (SP), bleeding bums, massive pains, even bigger constipation... all during pregnancy...and especially your first pregnancy...

Im now 27 weeks, and having no problems.. and might even be going a bit more often than is normal for me.. sometimes 3 times a day..

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining.. but is the "sh1t going to hit the fan" so to speak (pun intended) and I'm going to wake up one day and not be able to go for a week???

Or does this sometimes happen.. and I've just been lucky??

again SORRRRRYYYY if its TMI for some peoples :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Ìf you're drinking plenty of fluids and eating healthily with a high fibre intake you've a better chance of avoiding the discomfort.

However, even those measures are no guarantee and you've still got 13 weeks to go ;) I only had any of that discomfort (piles) in the last 4 or 5 weeks, not because of constipation but, I think, because of the baby pushing down on everything, together with the effect that the pregnancy hormones have on the strength of your vein walls (piles are similar to varicose veins).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I only ever got slightly constipated once in a while if I let myself get a bit dehydrated, apart from that I had no piles, pains or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

On the first, I had pile for the first time in my life, early on, before I told everyone. It was horrible, never had to deal with the medication like that before.

A few days after giving birth, I nearly passed out on the toilet, I was perscribed meds for piles that didnt really work, but they went away after about a month.

I was constipated the week before I went into labour, I wasnt in pain but there were a few wasted trips to the toilet. This prooved to increase the pain when I went in to labour, I should have sorted it as soon as I realised.

This time, I got piles at 20 weeks and still have them at 36 weeks. No meds seam to work even suppositories. It really is the worst part.

I'm vegetarian and have a very hi-fibre diet, I add seeds to my porridge and make brownies with loads of seeds and some porridge. Only have brown rice etc.

OP, watch out for piles after you give birth if it is a vaginal delivery, its the last thing you thing of.

Advertisement