Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid on a monday

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi all . Hopefully someone can help.

I am due to be paid on the 23rd of January. It is the first time since I started my new job that I am due to be paid on a Monday.

We are paid by bacs. Usually for example a Friday . The money reaches my account just past midnight on the Friday morning. i.e 12.02 am.

When will i get my wages? Will be be on the Friday? So as above 12.02 am or will I have to wait until the Monday morning ?

Really hope it's Friday as I am broke. Typical January

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

It all depends on some banks, you might be lucky to have your money in on Friday morning or even Saturday Morning at the latest, when payday falls on Monday I would have gotten money in on Saturday morning

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It will probably be midnight on Monday, i.e. 12am on Monday morning.

In some cases, usually where you and your employer use the same bank, the funds will appear a few hours earlier, but it's unlikely you'll see them before Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

thanks

I don't think BACS operates on a Saturday.

Just have to hope I see it on Friday.

My employer uses the same bank as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sometimes when I'm paid on a Monday it is in my account on Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pythia wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm paid on a Monday it is in my account on Saturday morning.

I get paid on a date - if that date falls at the weekend, its usually on the last business day before hand.

it all depends on the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I get paid the 28th of each month. If that falls on a Monday it's midnight Sun/Morn, and if it's Sat or Sunday I get it Friday :D

Advertisement