Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Civic SUV

Options
  • 04-01-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Trying to match that 'beauty' of a motor, the Qashqai.

car_photo_488638_25.jpgcar_photo_488635_25.jpg

I think it looks like a Volvo XC from the back, and Ford Kuga from the side, and a squashed Outlander from the front!
    It'll be practical and affordable no doubt, I just don't know if the market needs another of these half-breeds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Looks nice, I'd buy one (If I had the money!)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

No No No No!

* wishes this is not a honda *

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

God, they've utterly ruined the Civic over the past 5/6 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Civic? New HR-V surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Photos from autoexpress, enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

bazz26 wrote: »
    Photos from autoexpress, enough said.

My thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

My thoughts originally, but of late they've been getting renders right (albeit with details muddled). Could be an hr-v alright, but looks like a civic to me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

do not like the back end at all, I really like the new 2012 Civic but it also fall short in the hind quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sleepy wrote: »
    God, they've utterly ruined the Civic over the past 5/6 years...

God no...the new one is lovely and is a nice refresher since the outgoing model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

The first and second generation CRVs (and presumably the HRVs) were based on the Civic platform. So there has been a kinda Civic SUV since 97 :p

I quite like the kinda spacecrafty look of the Civic hatch actually... not mad about this though, it's kinda like the lovechild of a Ford Kuga + civic hatch, or a Volvo SUV as previously mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The as-yet-unnamed car will be based on a tweaked version of the new Civic’s platform, and go on sale next year. And our illustrations show how it’s likely to look.

Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Some Wolfrace alloys and a red type R badge and it will look class :pac:

less of that you :D

But its absolutely horrid why try put a CR-Z front on an SUV, its just frugly, why dont they stick to there sleeker edger designs of their other people carriers

jdmhondaodyssey.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

it has a rear wiper.

my civic doesnt have one !

Hard to imagine that wiper actually being of any use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

I'm fairly certain it looks worse than a Tida, seriously where have the designers in Honda gone to, I can't believe the company that puts out the Accord estate is launching this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Front of SUV looks like this

car_photo_488635_25.jpg

07-japanese-child-smiling.jpg

Casati wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it looks worse than a Tida, seriously where have the designers in Honda gone to, I can't believe the company that puts out the Accord estate is launching this?

They're not launching that, it's just a sensationalist sketch by an auto express artist. All they had to go on is a description of it being an SUV and based on the civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

projectgtr wrote: »
    less of that you :D

But its absolutely horrid why try put a CR-Z front on an SUV, its just frugly, why dont they stick to there sleeker edger designs of their other people carriers

jdmhondaodyssey.jpg

that a newer Oddessy ??

Advertisement