Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Couple of odd niggles - thoughts?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about issues I'm having with my cars at the moment.

First thing is a odd thudding noise in the CRX when accelerating between 80 and 120 km/h. It sounds a bit like a wheel that isn't balanced properly but it's only noticeable while on the power roughly at that speed (if you lift off the accelerator, it stops). The car was low on oil, but the noise is still there even after topping up. Handling doesn't not appear to be affected (other than by the odd gust of wind!)

The other thing happens with the Civic, which is not being driven regularly. After being driven for a while the engine cut out while idling and would not start again. After being left for a while though, it started first time. No warning lights or any indications of any issues before cut out or after re-starting. It has done this the last couple of times it was driven.

All theories welcome!

Comments

Hot start issue might be due to the main relay, usually not accompanied by cutting out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Thought about that, RJ, as I have had the issue previously with the CRX and had it re-soldered. Not usually a problem with cutting out, though, as you said.

Advertisement