Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Pedals

Options
  • 04-01-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just a quick one, i'm fixing up my bike and gonna start using it for cardio workout instead of running. But its been out of action for about 2 years now and it needs a few bits fixed including the pedals. The dog chewed the jaysus out of them lol. So can I buy any set online and they'll fit or are there different size fittings for different bikes?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Hey guys, just a quick one, i'm fixing up my bike and gonna start using it for cardio workout instead of running. But its been out of action for about 2 years now and it needs a few bits fixed including the pedals. The dog chewed the jaysus out of them lol. So can I buy any set online and they'll fit or are there different size fittings for different bikes?

Cheers
    Pedals are pedals. All the same size. some need a pedal spanner, some an Allen key, so unless you have a pedal spanner, better make sire you can use an Allen key. Dont forget to grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Pedals are pedals. All the same size. some need a pedal spanner, some an Allen key, so unless you have a pedal spanner, better make sire you can use an Allen key. Dont forget to grease.

Thanks jebus, off to ebay I go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Pedals are pedals. All the same size.

Yes, they are all now 9/16 x 20 TPI.

...but there are three older standards (1/2" x 20TPI, M14 x 1.25, 1" x 24 TPI).

This probably isn't relevant, just included for completeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

AP, to avoid lots of needless swearing when removing the old pedals, don't forget that the LHS pedal has a left hand thread!

To avoid lots of needless swearing when removing the new pedals (at some unspecified time in the future), don't forget to apply some anti-seize grease to the threads before screwing them in.

Advertisement