Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-Cork Cab Ride

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Now that's what I call a good video! I had a look at it on YouTube and one of the comments says it was produced by Track Access Systems Ltd but when you google it this video isn't there? Anybody get to the bottom of this ? Links etc. How would I save this video to my laptop? Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Now that's what I call a good video! I had a look at it on YouTube and one of the comments says it was produced by Track Access Systems Ltd but when you google it this video isn't there? Anybody get to the bottom of this ? Links etc. How would I save this video to my laptop? Thanks. :)

I use this (Link). Just copy and paste the you tube address into the program, select the quality you want and click download.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BlazeTheCat

If you have real player and hover your mouse over video it gives you option to download it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

"video removed " :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

corktina wrote: »
    "video removed " :mad:

It was an in house video made for irish Rail to train staff on. it's been well flagged around the forums so it was due for the chop soon enough. Only so many people had access to those recording so it will be fun if they are caught ;)

Sure, the Henry Kelly one is just as good plus it's got his expert commentary :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Why don't Irish Rail release it, and the others, as a DVD - I suppose that would be thinking outside the box and might be profitable. :rolleyes: I will email Dick and let you know his opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

It was an in house video made for irish Rail to train staff on. it's been well flagged around the forums so it was due for the chop soon enough. Only so many people had access to those recording so it will be fun if they are caught ;)

Sure, the Henry Kelly one is just as good plus it's got his expert commentary :D
    I have that on DVD myself, it's not bad, good commentary(the content, not so much the delivery by Mr.Kelly). There is a certain charm though to an unedited video so you can see every single identical field in the back of beyond. The DVD also cuts out places like Lisduff by showing a trackside view, when I would have liked to see the track and signalling arrangement.

Neither video has an area I really want to see though, the connection of Portlaoise DMU depot to the mainline. No satellite imagery is recent enough to show the area as anything more than a greenfield. Google Street View is too blurry from the nearest road bridge, the M7. None of the usual suspects of online trainspotters seem to have caught images of it either.

Also, it's been taken down as well, but the same YouTube user had the reverse, Cork-Dublin portion of the training DVD up briefly. Very heavy loadings at all stations, and the approach into Limerick Junction seemed very slow. The colour-light CTC signals with CAWS treat the start of the semaphore section as a signal at danger, so the train has to slow to a stopping speed before it can see the semaphores. The resignalling last year probably helped this though.

Did anyone save this before it was pulled? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Now that's what I call a good video! I had a look at it on YouTube and one of the comments says it was produced by Track Access Systems Ltd but when you google it this video isn't there? Anybody get to the bottom of this ?

Yes i seen this comment myself before it got removed.A guy from this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/trackaccessservices/feed wrote it to say that it enfringed on their copyright,which is fair enough,but yet the video isn't anywhere else to be seen by anyone who would have liked to have seen it.The likes of these videos are great to see and they should be uploaded to youtube by those who have the copyright otherwise just leave it there where it was by those who actually took the tinme and effort to upload it.....oh and thank God for Realplayer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Glad I watched it when I did. A great find OP, pity it's been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Damn, there must be somebody who saved it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Even if it was copyrighted i dont know why it was taken down..it was hardly doing anyone any harm.

Advertisement