Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap deals?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I was looking to go sking in Austria (present for boyfriend) but not until Nov/Dec 2012 as I need to save. Could anyone please inform me of any deals/offers/agencies that they are aware that are reliable and good value.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

the ski industry might be closed by then

try directski, crystal etc
    think they're focus will be on jan to mar tho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Save your money up and start looking at deals closer the time. Alot of European resorts had to open late this year as the snow was poor, could be the same or opposite next Nov/Dec.

Look at going somewhere that has a glacier to guarantee skiing that early in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iamjm

Thanks guys! I'll have another look and thanks for your suggestion Rew but I wanted to give it to my boyfriend as a gift and would have liked to present him with the criteria and proof of purchase.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I know where your coming from but personally I wouldn't take the risk that the travel agent might go out of biz or that the snow wouldn't come. You can mitigate the snow with a glacier maybe buy on a credit card to have some protection if the travel agent went bust?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iamjm

A wise person, thanks again for the good advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Book about 6 weeks in advance checking conditions before hand. As this year proved December is not reliable but conditions can change so quickly!

Direckt ski are pretty good. Especially at last minute as ar eCrystal if you are flexible.

Advertisement