Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is best for 3g/free texts apart from THREE

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

HI Folks.

I switched to Three prior to Xmas. The service has been brutal from lack of 3g coverage, to limited internet even though I signed up for unlimited!!

The full deal I was on was free weekend calls, free anytime any network texts and unlimited internet and all for €20 per month. This is great value if it works which it doesnt. SO what are the closest alternatives to this package. I mainly text and use the web so they are the most important part of the package and thus I would prefer unlimited in each case.

Can anyone make any suggestions for me please before my head explodes!!

cheers

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

With any new network, you should first get a sim from them to try out signal where you mostly frequent. You've made a mistake going to Three. Don't make the same mistake with the other 4 networks. Check them out first. If you have a smartfone, you can install Cabbage which will enable you to send webtxts from your phone. There is very little between all the networks if you are topping up by €20 on payg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Read this guide here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=164321

I suggest the below:
    eMobile:

Top Up deals:
    • 20 EUR Top up: 250 any network minutes AND 250 any network texts AND 250 MB data AND unlimited landline calls for 30 days.
    • 30 EUR Top up: 350 any network minutes AND 350 any network texts AND 1 GB data AND unlimited landline calls for 30 days.

Outside above bundles:
    • Domestic calls: 25 cent per minute plus 9 cent per call.
    • Domestic Texts: 13 cent per text.
    • International Texts: 20 cent per text.
    • Data: 99 cent per day for any usage up to 50 MB then 2 cent per MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

frag420 wrote: »
    HI Folks.
    I switched to Three prior to Xmas. The service has been brutal from lack of 3g coverage, to limited internet even though I signed up for unlimited!!

Were you tethering to a laptop? Three dont allow prepay customers to do this so that could be why your connection was limited.
    Also like has been suggested pick up a SIM card from other networks and test their coverage. 3G quality is all down to a networks coverage in an area. I've Meteor and Three SIM cards and where I live the 3G coverage is better with Three but in many other areas its the opposite story.

Advertisement