Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualification vs Experience?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Any employers here have any input on this?

Im planning to start a course or intern in the next few months, but I can't decide which is better in the long run

Having certified skills, but little experience in the area, or having work experience on the CV, without new qualifications...

Any help appreciated

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

unreggd wrote: »
    Any employers here have any input on this?

Im planning to start a course or intern in the next few months, but I can't decide which is better in the long run

Having certified skills, but little experience in the area, or having work experience on the CV, without new qualifications...

Any help appreciated

thanks!

Depends entirely on the area of employment you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Well course wise I can do somethin in IT/Networking, Accounts or general admin

and I think they all have a little bit of work exp

But as of now, I only have 9 months divided admin experience with the one company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I think you should try to get both...

Advertisement