Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY vehicle invoice ?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

brought a vehicle over from the UK last month and am now nearing the 30 day deadline for registration. One important thing I need is a "vehicle invoice including date of purchase".
    At the time, I just got something short scribbled on a scrap of paper with buyer and sellers' names, reg number and date of purchase.
    will this be grand or do they need more details on there?

anyone else here sort their VRT with a similarly rough invoice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Well it'll have to do I'd imagine. The main reason for the invoice I think is to see the value of the car and when it was bought so if the receipt is poor then bring maybe a bank statement showing the money/bank draft or whatever coming out and the ferry tickets showing when you came back with the car(ferry tickets have the reg of the car on them don't they?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

should be fine, but you'll need ferry date proof as well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

thanks. will have the ferry receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 81,340 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Once you have the V5 and the funds to pay the VRT they don't really pay much attention to the receipt, can be made out from Micky Mouse, they don't care. No V5 though is a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

have that. should be grand so. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭farrellniall

imported a fiesta there about 6 months ago the fella in the vrt made a invoice for me. and i didnt import it it was in the country when i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That was a very helpful vrt official!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭farrellniall

haha i no he was happy to get €600 of me that day.

Advertisement