Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega Screenplay with Macbook Pro

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:05pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

Guys, just looking for some help.
    I'm looking to get a Macbook Pro, and I currently have one for work, but my existing Iomega Screenplay won't work with it.

Is there any way around this, or anything I can download?
    My brother has the same, and has attempted to split the drive, but I'm not techy and don't want to **** up a lot of photos and music.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

I've a ScreenPlay Director and have the same issue with my iMac.
    I presume you mean it won't work via USB connection. However, if you connect it to you network ( use a wireless dongle ), then with SMB ( CMD K ) on your Mac you can enter the Iomega's IP Address ,find it and copy files over. Slower than USB, but acceptable.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

towger wrote: »
    I've a ScreenPlay Director and have the same issue with my iMac.
    I presume you mean it won't work via USB connection. However, if you connect it to you network ( use a wireless dongle ), then with SMB ( CMD K ) on your Mac you can enter the Iomega's IP Address ,find it and copy files over. Slower than USB, but acceptable.

Hey, cheers for that, don't think I want to go through the process of getting a dongle just for that tbh.

It's a right pain in the arse, but I suppose with 500gb storage and an old Dell lappie to download films it still is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What do you mean it doesn't work, is it just that you can't write to due to the fact it's ntfs?
    If so download ntfs-3G fromhere

What do you mean it doesn't work, is it just that you can't write to due to the fact it's ntfs?
    If so download ntfs-3G fromhere

Yes it's that I can't put docs onto it or play them on the Mac.
    Would this tool allow me to do that without compromising my ability to use it as a media player?

Cheers btw.

Just had a sleuth around there, and came across the following post:

Would this mean then that if I download NTFS3G and install it, I should have read and write capabilities when the harddrive is plugged into the Mac, and also it won't impact on the hardrvice being used as a media player?
    FAT32 (File Allocation Table)
    Read/Write FAT32 from both native Windows and native Mac OS X.
    Maximum file size: 4GB.
    Maximum volume size: 2TB

NTFS (Windows NT File System)
    Read/Write NTFS from native Windows.
    Read only NTFS from native Mac OS X
    To Read/Write/Format NTFS from Mac OS X: Install NTFS-3G for Mac OS X (free)
    Some have reported problems using Tuxera (approx 33USD).
    Native NTFS support can be enabled in Snow Leopard, but is not advisable, due to instability.
    AirPort Extreme (802.11n) and Time Capsule do not support NTFS
    Maximum file size: 16 TB
    Maximum volume size: 256TB

HFS+ (Hierarchical File System, a.k.a. Mac OS Extended)
    Read/Write HFS+ from native Mac OS X
    Required for Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner backups of Mac internal hard drive.
    To Read/Write HFS+ from Windows, Install MacDrive
    To Read HFS+ (but not Write) from Windows, Install HFSExplorer
    Maximum file size: 8EiB
    Maximum volume size: 8EiB

exFAT (FAT64)
    Supported in Mac OS X only in 10.6.5 or later.
    Not all Windows versions support exFAT. See disadvantages.
    exFAT (Extended File Allocation Table)
    AirPort Extreme (802.11n) and Time Capsule do not support exFAT
    Maximum file size: 16 EiB
    Maximum volume size: 64 ZiB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Apologies for bumping in here but seems theres a few with the Screenplay Director and know what they are talking about.
    I've readaround iomega website but can the drive be 'remote accessed' using their webhosting partner TZO?
    Has anyone done this and could I get the idiots guide?

Advertisement