Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Holidays

Options
  • 03-01-2012 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

We are 3 single people in their early mid 30's hoping to do a cycling holiday in the Summer. We'd like it to be a bit of a challenge, but would like to meet new people and have a bit of craic along the way. I've done a charity cycle 300km in 5 days, so something similar would be grand.

Does anyone have any suggestions or can you recommend any groups that organise these kind of holidays?

Mairead
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Lake Garda, Italy. A cycling Mecca. Went mountain biking there last Sept. Awesome stuff. Loads of cyclists around with great options for hiring bikes and gear. Scenery is fantastic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariax

are there many hills?? We're kind of fit, but not that fit!! Is it like cycling around the Wicklow mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

There are some companies in the UK that run group cycling holidays including http://www.exodus.co.uk/activities-experiences/cycling? and www.explore.co.uk I've got my on a couple that I would really like to do, but need to get back on the bike first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariax

I think we'd almost need to be part of a group doing it. Are there any companies you know who organise groups near Lake Garda?

I know what we're like with our late nights and lie-ins. :)

If you're around the east coast I'd recommend getting the ferry to Fishguard, cycling through Wales, and getting the return ferry to Holyhead. Wales is great for cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

You could also get in touch with the http://www.onyourbike.ie/ guys and see what they might have in store

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

mariax wrote: »
    are there many hills?? We're kind of fit, but not that fit!! Is it like cycling around the Wicklow mountains?

There are hills, but for the most part it is flat. The road around the lake would be Fab. Flat and fast. If you have a good level of fittness you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimstir

Hi Mairead,
    Fantastic idea. I was trying to organize a trip like that last summer. Im in my mid thirties and do a good bit of cycling too. We were going to do Malin to Mizen over 5 days but we didn't get the weather for it. We did the Ring of Kerry over two days instead. I'm dying to see what European suggestions You get. PM me if U want

Advertisement