Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Exchanges

Options
  • 03-01-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Do they really fix problems?
    Everytime I'm told to do a sim exchange when a problem comes up with texts or something else. But atleast for me . It never once solved anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

sometimes old sims can cause issues with poor connections and things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do they really fix problems?
    Everytime I'm told to do a sim exchange when a problem comes up with texts or something else. But atleast for me . It never once solved anything.

What problems are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Davy wrote: »
    What problems are you having?

Messages not sending or coming in. few times calls not coming through even when you have full reception. Generally related to call or texts.

If you ring up any network they always tell you to change your sim first. Ive done this so many times for others and myself just for the sake of keeping them quiet but it not once solved a problem.

To me it just sounds like an excuse to get the customer of their back about it. But it creates even more problems.

In my experience the sim replacement is only needed if you lose a phone, dip it into water, or if its a very old sim card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

In your case its probably the network, but have you tried using a different phone for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Davy wrote: »
    In your case its probably the network, but have you tried using a different phone for awhile

Oh yeah. Different phones carry the same issue. Just the networks always insist on a pointless sim exchange

First thing i do is do a hard reset.

If that doesnt fix it i try it in a different phone.

Then ring the network and then sim exchange comes

• Advertisement
Advertisement