Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo nightlife

Options
  • 03-01-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I am going to sligo soon and I am thinking about staying in the glass house hotel, swan point. I was just wondering if it is near the city and also near any night clubs? Also which nightclubs would you recommend that would have chart music?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

It's right in the middle of the town. You are about 2 mins walk to either shopping centre. You are about 5 mins walk away from any pub or club you want to go to in town.

As for nightclubs, there are three. Velvet rooms, Toffs and Pure (think that's what it's called now).

If going out on the weekend, I would be going to velvet. It's usually got a much more well manered clientelle, with less teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

hi
    The Glasshouse is slap bang in the middle of the town centre. You won't get closer. Busy pubs would be the Fiddlers Creek, The Belfry, McHughs (The Journeyman). Best nightclub would probably be The Velvet rooms but Toffs would still be well thought of by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Late bars you have
    Mc hugh's(21-40 age group)
    Garavouge (18-35 age group)
    Fiddlers (25-60 age group)
    shenanigans(18-30 age group my personal favorite)

Night clubs
    Velvet rooms (21+
    Toff's(18+ a lot of under age people though)
    Pure(18+ but not so much underage people)
    The clarence(18+ hardcore dance music though not everyone's cup of tea it does stay open till 4am though:))
    With the exception of mc hughs and the clarence the rest are close together just follow the river

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

true lies !

pretty ugly !

Wait ..... Sorry you're thread title put me off !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

During the week, Mon, Wed, Thur, Pure is usually packed with students and some locals. Fri and Sun, Toff's is the place and on a Sat Velvet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sahara lara

Great! Thank you all for your help

Advertisement