Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogus Linda Martin verbally abuses Sinead O'Connor on Twitter

Options
  • 03-01-2012 7:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

POPULAR stage and TV star Linda Martin has reported an imposter on Twitter to gardai.

The Eurovision winner spoke last night of how she was "shocked" and "horrified" after the impersonator slighted model Georgia Salpa and provoked a furious row with controversial singer Sinead O'Connor.

But in a statement last night, Ms Martin said: "It has just come to my attention that there is an unofficial Twitter account set up under the name of Lindamartinrte. Someone is unofficially tweeting as Linda Martin.

"I have never set up a Twitter account nor do I intend to. None of the views, opinions or statements expressed on this Twitter account are mine. The references to Sinead O'Connor, Georgia Salpa and anyone else are not mine.

"I am both shocked and horrified that someone would do this. The matter is now with the gardai," she added.

Sanity

Online since December 13, the bogus twitterer began by sending tweets to RTE news presenter Bryan Dobson and 'Fade Street' star and DJ, CC Cavanagh. But the imposter provoked the fury of singer Sinead O'Connor by seeming to offer her "help" after her recent marriage split from fourth husband Barry Herridge.

"We've been through it all and back again and stayed close, I do be worried you've gone off the rails, fame does that, I'd know x," tweeted the bogus Ms Martin on December 30.

However, Ms O'Connor, unaware it was not the real Ms Martin, replied: "Would u ever shove your RTE attitude to what is 'sanity' where it belongs. She's calling it 'help' but it's actually abuse."

The fake Ms Martin replied: "It's not my marriage which ended in the blink of the eye, it's no wonder your (sic) still single with that attitude Sinead."

Following more messages, and emails from the same source to her private email account, Ms O'Connor tweeted yesterday to claim to have "woke up to more abuse from Linda Martin".

"It's the RTE make-up department. It messes up the presenter's heads.

"The awful orange foundation. The lip-liner. It's hell in there. The 1970s orange foundation turns the presenters' minds boring," she wrote.

Neither Ms Martin nor Ms O'Connor were available for comment last night. RTE also declined to comment on the fake account.

LMFAO over this story haha. I never liked Sinead O'Connor and its nothing to do with the publicity stunts etc, When I was a toddler she would sing ♫Nothing Compares To You♫ on the telly. It really scared me she was so ugly. She really needs sectioning.

I never liked Linda Martin either. She looks like a Transvestite and was full of herself on that Your A Star Show few years back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Good man. Any publicity is good publicity. Ignore the bints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

chris2008x wrote: »
    LMFAO over this story haha. I never liked Sinead O'Connor and its nothing to do with the publicity stunts etc, When I was a toddler she would sing ♫Nothing Compares To You♫ on the telly. It really scared me she was so ugly. She really needs sectioning.

I never liked Linda Martin either. She looks like a Transvestite and was full of herself on that Your A Star Show few years back.
    Funny story but I would have to strongly disagree with you on the ugly bit.
    For a baldy I thought she looked sh1t hot. :confused:
    Edit:oh yea,great thread title :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

What are the guards going to about it, some person on twitter with 42 followers hurts the feelings of people who live to be in the public eye. Lets just see how many followers @lindamartinrte gets in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 prescar

To be honest, I think Sinead's comments were quite funny...yeah okay, she's a bit eccentric, blah blah blah, but some of her Tweets are frickin hilarious!

And by god...does that woman still have one heck of a voice!!! (Frontline before Xmas)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

prescar wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Sinead's comments were quite funny...yeah okay, she's a bit eccentric, blah blah blah, but some of her Tweets are frickin hilarious!

And by god...does that woman still have one heck of a voice!!! (Frontline before Xmas)

I saw her at the Electric Picnic, she can still sing as well as ever

Advertisement