Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

coolant temperature

Options
  • 02-01-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭

bit of a weird one, i have a o2 1.8 petrol mondeo, around the 26th i noticed the temp gauge for the coolant wasn't rising at all unless the car was stopped so i presumed the thermostat was gone, i was on the way to get one last week and turned on the heater and had hot air even thought the gauge was still at the bottom

i got a diagnostic run on it and the mechanic said the clocks weren't reading the coolant temp and the temp sender just behind the coil pack was ''maybe'' at fault, it was just a quick diagnostic as he was busy with other things so i'm not sure if there is more to be found out

i changed the sender and it seemed ok until the next day and its back the same, as i understand the thermostat has 2 openings and is electrical

any idea's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

If it was ok for a day r so after u changed it then u have have a problem with the wiring as u said it wasn't working then wen the connection was removed and new temp sensor fitted it worked for a day r so.so u need to check the wiring for continuity to make sure it's not broke it may even be as simple as bad connection

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah when the diagnostic was ran he said the coolant was near 100c and the fan wasn't coming on unless he disconnected the temp sender, fitted the new sender and brought it upto operating temp and fan came on so i thought all was good, i drove about 40km's on the m7 and everything was fine until the next morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

Yes so it's something loose defo has to be unless the temp sensor he bought was faulty but it start with the wiring and the connections

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

thanks, I'll have to leave it in to someone cos electrics absolutely wreck my head, any recommendations in kildare

Advertisement