Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped my bike today :(

Options
  • 02-01-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Stupidly dropped my CBF 500 today, it was at walking pace but did enough damage to put a dampener on my new year. Sickened because the bike was like new but I’ve only my own foolishness to blame :(

Broke my Givi screen that the previous owner had fitted, not a fan of them in general but this one looked quite well. The right indicator stalk also broke and I bent both brake levers as well as the right footrest. Scratched the edge of the right handlebar too.

I bent the rear brake lever back into shape and took off the Givi screen. I need a new right indicator, footrest, and front break lever. I want to keep the bike original and have managed to find like for like replacements for the indicator and front break lever on ebay but can't seem to find the footrest. I did find one for a CB 400 which looks quite similar, any idea if this will slot right in as a direct replacement?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HONDA-CBR-400RR-OEM-STYLE-FOOTRESTS-FOOTPEGS-/120723180237?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c1ba98acd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I was going to start this thread last week. Dropped my Ninja 250 trying to put it onto paddock stands I got for my birthday. Now, unlike you dceire, luckily there was no damage done bar a little paint scraped off the front brake lever (thank you crash bobbins!), but I know the pain of dropping it.

Unfortunately I can't help with your query though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Kev.OC wrote: »
    (thank you crash bobbins!)

My mate was supposed to get me some from his shop before christmas but they're still waiting to get them in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

dceire wrote: »
    My mate was supposed to get me some from his shop before christmas but they're still waiting to get them in :rolleyes:

Ah no. The fact you have them on the way just makes it sting that much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭braintoxic

Kev.OC wrote: »

Ah no. The fact you have them on the way just makes it sting that much more.
    The cb400 definatly wont fit.wher are u from . I brake a lot of bikes.what year is it.

braintoxic wrote: »
    The cb400 definatly wont fit.wher are u from . I brake a lot of bikes.what year is it.

Yea, I wasn't sure whether it would or not but thought it looked very similar. It's a 05 CBF 500 & I'm in Newbridge, if you had the few bits for me it'd be great.

• Advertisement

Yea, I wasn't sure whether it would or not but thought it looked very similar. It's a 05 CBF 500 & I'm in Newbridge, if you had the few bits for me it'd be great.
    Il make a few calls .if i can help i will .

Il make a few calls .if i can help i will .
    Cheers, I appreciate that.

Ok bud this is quick but iv nothing here and i tried a mate with no luck unless u need a seat back light or recon motor .but i recently sorted a cb400f2 and bought all d parts from ..dave silver spares..google it ..

Had a look there, they now only sell parts for pre-2003 Hondas. Cheers for help. It was booked in for it's service for tomorrow anyway, might just get the footrest off of them if they have it; and the few other bits off ebay.

Good luck .sorry i couldnt help

• Advertisement

Got the footpeg and brake lever sorted today for reasonably cheap. Now just need to get the indicator. Any good websites I could have a look for this on?

I want it to be at least of half decent quality. The only website I'm aware of is mandp.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Did you try these breakers?

City Spares
    firstchoice

No harm in giving them a shout just in case.

The lads at City Spares sorted me with the other bits but they didn't have the indicator. Ordered one online today. Cheers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭positron

Sorry to hear, I suppose it hurts more to see your bike scratched and damaged than yourself..! At least it's all fixable. Best of luck!

My replacement indicator arrived yesterday from ebayland. It's not an original part but looks & fits the same as the old one. However, the connectors were different and I ended up cutting and joining the wires. I think I did a good job of it and they have been well insulated. The thing is, while the indicator is now working, it's acting as if the bulb is blown and is flashing faster than normal to indicate this. Also, when I switch on the hazards it's working perfectly.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Check the wattage of the bulb is correct.

The effect of this will be less noticeable with the hazards because it's one wrong bulb out of four, instead of one wrong out of two.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Check the wattage of the bulb is correct.

The effect of this will be less noticeable with the hazards because it's one wrong bulb out of four, instead of one wrong out of two.

It looks like that's the problem alright.

The new indicator has a 12v 10w bulb in it as opposed to the original 12v 21w.

This is the type of bulb in the new indicator:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_263575_langId_-1_categoryId_246903

I take it I won't be able to get one of these in a 12v 21w then?

Advertisement