Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent experiences when selling and buying

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Just wanted to share my recent experiences when selling and buying campervans.

I advertised my camper on line and got approx 15 calls and 5 emails within a two day period. I had asked what I believed to be a fair price and was realistic with my valuation. Three of the callers arranged to view the camper. The first guy didn’t really know what he was looking at/for and pulled out an offer €2500 less than the asking price. The second viewer offered me €200 less than the asking price (after the feckin’ longest 4 hours of my life) but I told him I wanted the third person to view it before I agreed to sell. The third viewer had come a long way and we had talked extensively on the phone the previous evening. He liked the van after viewing and test driving it and made me an offer €500 less than asking price. Now this is were you will all think I’m mad but I agreed to his offer. He was obviously going to look after the old van and had pointed out some small issues (which I was aware of) which may cost him money in the future and I didn’t mind letting him off with the €500.

Two days later I went to view a van for myself and by building up a repore with the seller (similar to my buyer) and not knocking his van for the sake of it (or insulting him) was able to persuade him to part with his van for €850 less than his asking price, which was well below market value anyway.

All in all a win for me ....

We all want to get the best deal for ourselves but as much as money is tight for everyone from my experience honesty and realistic valuation as both buyer and seller worked for me. :D

Comments

Advertisement