Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philip Lynott Archive.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Thanks for the heads up, can't wait to watch it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Was just coming on to post the same .... good one rednik

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Cheers!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Excellent show, one I will watch again and again. Good timing with the vibe on this Weds night, I am working.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Can't believe I missed it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dasdog

RTE Player is fairly decent.

Nothing new or rare about it and a few of the songs were dated wrongly. His life story squeezed in to 50 mins again. They showed that National Stadium concert last year which was nice to see but they showed the version that's been knocking around torrent sites for six years. After the credits roll there are three more songs recorded so calling something archive and containing rare material...disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

dasdog wrote: »
    RTE Player is fairly decent.

Nothing new or rare about it and a few of the songs were dated wrongly. His life story squeezed in to 50 mins again. They showed that National Stadium concert last year which was nice to see but they showed the version that's been knocking around torrent sites for six years. After the credits roll there are three more songs recorded so calling something archive and containing rare material...disappointing.

The really rare material was the interviews with Philip himself from Renegade - it's only been shown once before as far as I know.

The really rare material was the interviews with Philip himself from Renegade - it's only been shown once before.

And unfortunatley the only source I know of who posseses such things on VHS format is someone who suffers from technophobia. You can look but not copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

dasdog wrote: »
    And unfortunatley the only source I know of who posseses such things on VHS format is someone who suffers from technophobia. You can look but not copy.

It's a shame alright. Renegade was very enjoyable.

• Advertisement

It's a shame alright. Renegade was very enjoyable.

That Renegade documentary is on youtube but the quality isn't great. More stuff is being leaked out though. There was a great quality 1973 show of them on German tv with Things Ain't Working Out Down Out Down On The Farm which was removed from youtube a few years ago before downloaders were available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

You can see it on the RTE website http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1129244

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

New Thin Lizzy boxset which will contain unreleased material is due.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/lost-lizzy-tapes-to-be-released/

There will be a new Thin Lizzy box set this year – and it will feature never before head songs.
    Apparently, just before he died in 1986, Phil Lynott gave 150 tapes to someone for safekeeping. These have surfaced and been acquired by Universal Music; some of the recordings will be released in the new box set.

Fans can expect to hear outtakes, previously unheard versions of Lizzy songs, plus material the band recorded but never previously available. This covers the period from 1971 to 1981.

The full details of what will be included has yet to be revealed. However, it is being done with the direct involvement of guitarist Scott Gorham and drummer Brian Downey.

Tomorrow (January 4) marks the 26th anniversary of Lynott’s death. It will be marked by the annual Vibe For Philo gig at the Button Factory in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Was great to hear about the making of the 'Old Town' video
    That video was just brilliant and so simple.

Advertisement