Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Degree with the Open University ( Social Science)

Options
  • 02-01-2012 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Looking at this degree with the OU. I have a Diploma in Business level 7 from an IT in Ireland. Does anyone know can I transfer into year 4 of an open degree? . How many credits would my diploma give me? I would like to go on and do a Masters in Social Work. I am thinking of doing subjects do bring it up to a Degree in Social Science. Any one know if this is poss?

Thanks for you advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I imagine that given the core differences (subject and field-wise) between a business qualification and a social science qualification, that might be something that might impact on a transition straight into the latter end of the social science course.

OU would probably be the best people to ask about the credit figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Anyusername

Head wrote: »
    I imagine that given the core differences (subject and field-wise) between a business qualification and a social science qualification, that might be something that might impact on a transition straight into the latter end of the social science course.

OU would probably be the best people to ask about the credit figures.

Thanks not the best coming back with any info. Will have to give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Most likely not.

I do similar evaluations for the college I work in and there are a number of things that are factored in, such as learning outcomes.

I would be surprised if the learning outcomes of a business subject are similar to the learning outcomes of a social sciences subject.

Advertisement