Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight lifting immediately?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Ok, here goes...kinda got out of any sort of fitness routine in the last few months (since September-ish) and am interested in weight lifting. Do I need to get back into a gym/running routine and build up a level of fitness before I start beginners lifting or can I jump straight in? Obviously Im planning on going to a PT for weights advice and hopefully a programme (Im working near RAW).

Im a 30 year old female, approx 56 kgs, 5'6".

Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been answered before, theres a lot of reading on this forum!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

I would recommend getting a quick screening done before starting into a full blown programme especially as a lot of the most common issues that most people have are even more common in women. A good coach/trainer will give you something to remedy them but unless they are fairly serious should still get you started lifting asap. There are a lot of good guys in Raw that I would know myself and is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Piper101 wrote: »
    Ok, here goes...kinda got out of any sort of fitness routine in the last few months (since September-ish) and am interested in weight lifting. Do I need to get back into a gym/running routine and build up a level of fitness before I start beginners lifting or can I jump straight in? Obviously Im planning on going to a PT for weights advice and hopefully a programme (Im working near RAW).

Im a 30 year old female, approx 56 kgs, 5'6".

Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been answered before, theres a lot of reading on this forum!!!

Hey Piper,
    If your looking for a PT I would definitely recommend COH who works in RAW. He was part of a group of boardies that organised workshops for women last year and its how I started in the ole lifting weights realm:)Absolutely love it!

If your looking for a PT he's definitely your best bet (and he won't give you one of those stooopid programmes that are often given to women!!!) and he's a really sound bloke too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^Agree. As long as you're willing to put the work in, COH will get you the results.

Advertisement