Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misc. Awards - Best Character - Nomination Thread

• 02-01-2012 12:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Best Character in 2011!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2011
    • This is the second of three nomination waves. The rest will follow over the next few days, followed by voting.
    • A list of potential candidates can be found here, although please feel free to nominate anything not included.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Christian Bale's Dicky Eklund - The Fighter
    Rooster - True Grit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ryan Gosling - Kid/Driver

Michael Fassbender - Magneto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Billy Beane - Moneyball
    Caesar - Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Hanna - Saoirse Ronan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭p to the e

Not only was the portrayal of Christian Bale, as Dicky, very entertaining, it also showed us a very charming and memorable, yet flawed, character.
    I'm glad I had a peek at the refresh your memory list as I had forgotten just how terrifying the character of Pope from Animal Kingdom was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Michael Fassbender - Magneto - The first hour of that film was magnificent. I actually forgot I was watching an X-men movie and thats down to Fassbender supreme turn as Magneto.

Ryan Gosling - Drive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kyung-Chul – I Saw the Devil

Libby / Boltie – Super

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brendan Conlon - Warrior

Driver - Drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

John - Snowtown

Young Kevin - We need to talk about Kevin

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,402 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Driver - Drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Michael Smiley (Gal) - Kill List

Michael Shannon (Curtis) - Take Shelter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kyung-Chul – I Saw the Devil

Pope in Animal Kingdom

Barney in Barney's Version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal