Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Odd Allroad

Options
  • 02-01-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I drive an Audi Allroad, 2006, last of the C5 models.
    The previous owner modified the luggage compartment. Floor coverings were replaced with a metal frame, bolted to the bodywork and a heavy wooden panel bolted to the frame. A cutout, with removable panel, gives access to the spare wheel. A large red button (similar to an emergency cutoff switch) has been fitted to the passenger side tool box access panel. This is wired to a connector behind the panel, which has been isolated. Two rectangular cutouts are visible on the trim at the inner edge of the back door lip.
    I haven't been able to get any information on these modifications, although there has been a suggestion that they may be modifications for a wheelchair.
    Any ideas?
    I'd like to get rid of the frame and panel - they are extremely heavy, but I have no idea what should be in their place. In the past two years I haven't been able to look at the inside of the luggage compartment of another Allroad, to see what should be in there.
    Not many of them about. Anyone in the Northeast with one of these? Know where used parts can be found?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Photos might help? I've seen Allroads modified before with Sortimo's tool system for the rear, it could be something similar to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭allroad

I'll see what I can do about photos. Somebody else mentioned that Audi modified allroads to carry tools for their recovery service. The dealer in England had no record of this, however.

Advertisement