Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom PCB

Options
  • 01-01-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Any one know of any cheap custom PCB manufacturers that deliver to ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

sudzy wrote: »
    Any one know of any cheap custom PCB manufacturers that deliver to ireland?

No, but how many PCBs are you talking about? Would it be cheaper to do your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Just a prototype board. Looking at 10cm*10cm, two layers.. I can't really do it myself, don't have the equipment. Looks like most of them online are over €50

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

If you don't mind ordering from china:

itead studio

€20 for 10 copies of a 10x10 2 layer board. 5x5's are less then 8 quid...

I've used them and never had a problem. Others have reported that the quality control can sometimes be a little hit and miss but given the prices who cares. By all accounts they're quick to respond to any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 qubix

I've used these before http://www.olimex.com/pcb/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭badgerbaiter

Get onto chip.ie and ring them..they do cheap custom pcb i think.. Not 100% sure tho as i do mine in college. If you know any friends in electronics they could prob help you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

sudzy wrote: »
    I can't really do it myself, don't have the equipment.
    What equipment? :D
    If you have a laser printer, try this; if not, you can get pens that use masking compound for ink and draw the PCB by hand on the board, then drop it into the tub of ferric chloride.

But if it's just for prototyping, why not breadboard or wirewrap or veroboard?

Advertisement