Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoping to start a new Alternative Rock/Soft Rock Band...Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 01-01-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey,

been thinking about starting a new originals band in/around Dublin City Centre...

have had a slightly bad experience doing this before so hope to learn from that experience this time.

i'm a male singer (21) who can play a bit of piano and currently learning guitar.

hoping to get

a guitarist or 2
    a bassist
    drummer
    violin/keyboard...

Would hope for someone capable of writing some lyrics too as ATM im struggling in that department... although i have a good ear and an eye for a hook.

gender is unimportant..age is slightly different as i would prefer we're all around the same age bracket... (late teens,20's)

My personal influences range from Arcade Fire,The Beatles, Snow Patrol,Mumford and Sons,The Killers,Florence and The Machine,Jeff Buckley,Kasabian,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Vampire Weekend etc...

having the exact same influences isn't crucial once we're working towards the same sound and off the same page...

would hope for a couple of people who live locally (Dublin 1,2,3.) that can meet up regularly in houses etc and write/record some music whilst not rehearsing... isn't critical. just preferred.

and maybe we could rehearse in Temple Lane or somewhere central that suits most/all members...

would hope to hit the ground running and not be gigging around small pubs for 5 years.

Write/Record Music. Make Music Videos. Create our website. Gig. Market ourselves well. See where the road takes us.

if you have any questions or would like to talk more give me a PM!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fenderfreak91

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanG17

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Danmcp90

Hey. I'm a guitarist based in Dublin 7. I'm really wanting to get into a steady band. I've played in a blues/rock band providing lead guitar and vocals. However, we weren't together long enough to do any recording. We did play one or two gigs around the place though. My influences include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, the Black Keys, the White Stripes, CCR, Eric Clapton, Interpol, Kasabian, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Weezer. I'd be happy to meet up to have a jam and maybe write some songs. If you're interested, send me a message and I'll send on my number.

Cheers,
    Dan

bump....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

I've a lot of the same influences..

Have you anything I could listen to online.

PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Hi there, Id be very interested in playing. Im 18, living in dublin 8. Im Studying music in college and have a good bit of free time. Ive got all my own gear and play double bass and trumpet aswell.

Cheers
    Sam

Bump....No time wasters please

still looking...

• Advertisement

Anyone?

Fatgoogle wrote: »
    Hi there, Id be very interested in playing. Im 18, living in dublin 8. Im Studying music in college and have a good bit of free time. Ive got all my own gear and play double bass and trumpet aswell.

Cheers
    Sam

PM'd

bump...

Zee Boomp...as the german boardsters would say

bump....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Jamie_hogan

hey man , im a 17 year old guitatist. can play lead or rhythm and have been looking for a band for a while , our influences are almost identical! so if your interested drop me a pm and we can chat!
    thanks ,
    jamie

Advertisement