Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2011 - Disappointment of the Year

Options
  • 01-01-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't actually gotten around to listening to it yet and based on what every Metallica fan I know has told me, I don't think I'll bother. I'm referring of course to Lulu, the result of a collaboration between Metallica and Lou Reed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Now this is something I truly wish I hadn't listened too. And despite any kind of clawing back that James Hetfield can say about St Anger to justify it's existence, there is NO REDEMPTION for this album, and there never will be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yep it could only be this.

I think they realise it themselves too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yep it could only be this.

I think they realise it themselves too.
    Judging from some of lars' comments at the recent SF gigs, they certainly do realise how badly this album has been received but whether they accept it or not is a different matter.

Sure isn't James still trying to convince us that there are some good songs on St. Anger?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Sure isn't James still trying to convince us that there are some good songs on St. Anger?

That was his introduction speech for Dirty Window with Bob Rock on bass at the fourth Fillmore show

Note also that Kirk is reading sheet music, perhaps for the solo they added to the live version

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Judging from some of lars' comments at the recent SF gigs, they certainly do realise how badly this album has been received but whether they accept it or not is a different matter.

Ah there is one or two.

If they had of cut some of them down (i.e. unnammed feeling) they would have been much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

seems to be the cool thing now to say this album is great.

Saw 2 non-metal publications, wire and the sunday times culture say it's in their albums of the year.

Personally, I think there are moments on it, however...I don't know anyone could put it in their albums of the year?

Advertisement