Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate house for zombie survival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Yeah we had this over on S&SS a while back. One exit = rat trap. If you excavated a few more though you'd be in good shape. Myself I wouldn't be happy with less than five exits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Yeah we had this over on S&SS a while back. One exit = rat trap. If you excavated a few more though you'd be in good shape. Myself I wouldn't be happy with less than five exits.

Five exits is five entrances. No number of zombies would get through that steel door guarding the silo, you wouldn't need that many exits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Five exits is five entrances. No number of zombies would get through that steel door guarding the silo, you wouldn't need that many exits.
    Famous last words my friend. Not for nothing did medieval cities have more than one gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

Even medieval castles had secret exits hidden underground

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

Only way i reckon is couple of hundred people - well armed in a walled estate like belvedere house carton house etc. fortify/repair the walls lots of trees lots of water and land for planting crops /raising cattle sheep etc for food.
    Everyday will be a battle for survival but at least you will have some way to last 5-10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Famous last words my friend. Not for nothing did medieval cities have more than one gate.

Enemy soldiers would have battering rams, siege towers, ladders and other siege weapons. The best a zombie could do is bang on it with it's fist. Five alternative entry points for the undead would only work if you had more of those steel doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is there no exit through the missile silo? Access ladder?

I presume there's a fence around the property. Some cameras, motion sensors and some perimeter patrols could see you spend a lot of time above ground in such a remote location, and you can always fall back to the basement. I reckon fill the silo with supplies and you're laughing.

Advertisement