Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxing a Car (CC based)

Options
  • 01-01-2012 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

Is it a good idea to pay out the yearly fee for your car ?

Ive always taxed my car for just three months at a time, which will be costing me €176 now, But this year I think I will pay out the full yearly fee mainly to save 80 odd euro.

So would most people with 'High' tax cars pay out the yearly fee, or three or six month fee ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If you've no intentions of sellign it and have the money why would'nt you tax a car for the year :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

If you've no intentions of sellign it and have the money why would'nt you tax a car for the year :confused:

Doesn't make any sense why someone would unnecessarially pay an extra EUR80. OP may not be good at budgeting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That's not high tax my friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I tax my quarterly and always have, lessens the blow short term. Can't say I'd be too keen handed out 560 or what ever it is to tax my car for the year in February when it's due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I tax my quarterly and always have, lessens the blow short term. Can't say I'd be too keen handed out 560 or what ever it is to tax my car for the year in February when it's due.

If you budgeted for it over the previous year you'd save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

juan.kerr wrote: »
    If you budgeted for it over the previous year you'd save money.

I know, but I don't "budget" my year as I live at home and I don't owe any money, I pay my insurance in one go so I don't really have any guarantee'd monthly costs bar phone credit.

Advertisement