Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gsm dialler

Options
  • 31-12-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi
    I was thinking of getting a built in gsm dialler as I am about to upgrade my system. I understand now that there is a huge increase in gsm blockers which render the gsm ( and surrounding ones) unit useless. These are cheap devices bought on the Internet very cheaply. It is a domestic house with no landline is there any gsm or similar type dialler on the market that makes economical sense that can bu used on the domestic market. I believe that every common thief will be carrying these devices shortly making the standard gsm dialler an unreliable way of a system notifying owner of an activations....just thinking ahead before I buy appreciate any advice
    Thks.
    Minder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

The GSM would depend on the system you plan to install. Most will allow you remote access for arming/disarming, turning on lights and heating. It really depends on the system your planing to install. With regards, the blocking of the GSM. There is no way around this without either installing some sort of polling device to a monitoring station or a radio system.

Advertisement