Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary home for 2 collies - Galway

Options
  • 31-12-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

We, are moving house at the end of January and are looking for someone to mind our 2 collies, Winston and Gilbert, for 2 weeks as we need to get the house we are in at the minute ready to move out of. They are very energetic dogs who are happy spending the day outdoors and sleep inside at night.

We live in Galway City and would of course provide food for the dogs and I am happy to walk them everyday.

If anyone could help let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Put your post into a new thread as the Rehoming thread is for animals 'forever' home being sought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would recommend finding a good kennel for the 2 weeks. Other people would not be suitably insured to look after your dogs. Say for example your dog broke its leg while running around someone else's property, unsupervised, or god forbid if one of them escaped and got hit by a car or chased livestock. You would be liable to pay for any damage done/ and medical treatment needed etc. At least with a kennel you are covered for this, there is a professional set up which your dog will not escape from, people who are used to dealing with problems and full and proper supervision. If in the unlikely event something did happen and one of your dogs get injured, the kennel would be able to deal with this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Totally agree with Whispered, if you need a recommendation PM me I can highly recommend a kennel about 10 miles out of Galway but prob not allowed to mention them here! They will need to have their vacc's up to date, including kennel cough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I can highly recommend a kennel about 10 miles out of Galway but prob not allowed to mention them here! They will need to have their vacc's up to date, including kennel cough.

You can make recommendations for kennel's you have personal experience of.

Advertisement