Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY - Best way to fix minor scratches on a car and bumper?

Options
  • 31-12-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering what the best way or materials to use would be on fixing / touching up small marks and scratches on a car. They are mainly along the bottom of the car below the doors and also on the bumper.

It is a silver Megane, but am unsure as to what the best way would be.

I would like to try a DIY version I think before resorting to a garage or bodyshop.

Thanks for any info folks!

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Not the best but cheap and works well if you put in the time.

http://www.auto-bits.co.uk/car-cleaning-and-waxing/turtle-wax-color-magic-plus-black-2172721-1881-.php

Get it in halfords or a motor factors. Silver is probably the hardest colour mind you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Thanks for that cgarrad!

Only checking back now and I have bought T Cut Scratch Remover since after a rec by a friend of mine. Have been advised to use the compiund sparingly and then wax over for best results.

Will get back with results later on to let you know of results :)

PS - have since checked out reviews and they are not convincing.... :(

We will see.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

T Cut can't bring back paint that's gone. Don't waste your money!

Advertisement