Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help needed - Norovirus and Methotrexate

Options
  • 31-12-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am on methotrexate injection once a week. I contracted the norovirus last week and fainted twice with it, I was so sick. My symptoms subsided after 24 hours, but I still feel an absolute wreck.
    My GP came on four days ago and told me that my immune system is so low it's probably just taking so much out of me to fight the infection, so told me to stay in bed for two days. It's four days later now, the symptoms of the virus came back yesterday and lasted a day again, but I'm still as weak as a kitten and need help leaving the bed to go to the toilet!! I've never felt so low in my whole life. My GP also said, not to inject myself this week to give my immune system a chance to fight this infection.
    I'm at my wits end here, any advice on how to build myself back up again? I've two small children that are being looked after by my very kind family at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

you will have lost plenty of fluids from this so take more water than usual and build up the electrolytes in your system too as these will have been affected from severe diahorea, ask in the chemist. this is advice purely for someone who has had this and I have not accounted for your illness's in it, best check with the GP on any problems which might complicate things. a quick phone call if you are on good terms with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi op

you need to speak to your pharmacist and / or doctor to see what's suitable for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement