Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Chimney Draught

Options
  • 31-12-2011 11:52am
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hi,

anyone know of a cowl for this? Stove installed but even with damper closed the pull is major and burns too fast. Not only that but the sound can get quiet loud. I am at a very high altitude in the west of ireland with no shelter.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jc bamford

Check out 'Aerocowl' Made in Inverness for extreme conditions. One good report on Boards and one not good. Cant locate in Galway,we have exact same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jc bamford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 val13

How did this cowl work out for you ?
    I have the same problem.
    I have been told to try 2:
    > The Aerocowl
    > A 8 to 5 Reducer with a china hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

val13 wrote: »
    I have the same problem.
    > The Aerocowl

Aerocowl works perfect for me on both chimneys - stove and rolid fuel cooker. Its like normal chimney now and fuelburns for much much longer!

I was told about the 8 to 5 reducer with the hat too, but was told that it needs to be over a 1m length of stainless flue - to be honest, I thought it would look a little stupid sticking out of the chimney of my 2 storey house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

val13 wrote: »
    I have the same problem.
    > The Aerocowl

Aerocowl works perfect for me on both chimneys - stove and solid fuel cooker. Its like normal chimney now and fuelburns for much much longer!

I was told about the 8 to 5 reducer with the hat too, but was told that it needs to be over a 1m length of stainless flue - to be honest, I thought it would look a little stupid sticking out of the chimney of my 2 storey house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 val13

Thanks for that I will give this cowl a go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallers76

Hi Val,

Wondering did you try the aerocowl and did it work out for you?

I have extreme draught going through my house from excessive draw up the chimney.

Thanks.

Advertisement