Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan

Options
  • 31-12-2011 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

as above im thinking of going to the credit union next week for a loan because my car has packed it in and really cant be bothered putting more money into it

i have been with the credit union a good while and recently put in near 4 grand but took it out again for my car and insurance.

the loan id be looking for would be near €1500, what are the chances that id get it?

and i am only 18 so would be my first loan

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It be done a case to case basis so hard to say as each CU have slightly different rules.

The multiple varies from cu to cu. Some allow 2 to 4 times the amount of shares but nearly all would require some kind of shares on your account.

CU decisions also normally take a little longer than banks, sure go in and ask you've nothing to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Any update ?

Advertisement